“Meri umar kam hai. Courage to naujwan mein hoti hain. Shayad maine isi liye kuch saahasi faislay le liye,” said UPCM Akhilesh Yadav.
nd we couldn’t agree more! He has taken some extremely bold steps in the last 4 years which have given Uttar Pradesh the much-needed make over. From fixing us a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records for planting the maximum number of trees to building a metro in the shortest possible time, this young CM has done it all. But what stole everyone’s heart was Agra-Lucknow Expressway. Here are ten amazing facts which will make you proud to be an UP-ite!
- This 302-km long expressway is the country’s longest access control greenfield. By Greenfield, we mean that it has been built on an area which was earlier untapped.
- Not just that, it was also built in a record time of 23 months.
- Almost 5 lakh trees have been planted on either side of the expressway to increase the green cover in the state. It will also decrease the pollution and provide a healthy atmosphere to the commuters. Rainwater harvesting arrangements have been made along the expressway to ensure sustainable water availability.
- The Agra-Lucknow Expressway is a 6-lane project but can be extended to 8-lanes.
- The travel time between Agra and Lucknow has been cut down to almost half, thanks to this pathway.
- A dedicated 3.3 km stretch has been built for war-like emergencies on the expressway for fighter plane landings.
- The pathway constitutes of 4 rail over bridges, 13 major bridges, 57 minor bridges, 74 vehicular underpasses, 148 pedestrian underpasses, and 9 flyovers. It also passes through 4 National Highways and 2 state highways.
- The Lucknow-Agra Expressway also extends agricultural mandis, development centres, schools, rest houses, ITIs, service centres and other public amenities. A petrol pump is available every 100 km.
- The entire Expressway is planned to be lined with metal beam crash barrier on both sides and wire fencing complete with state-of-the-art Advance Traffic Management System (ATMS) for safe and secure transit.
- The Agra-Lucknow Expressway connects 5 million people!
We are sure that this one-of-a-kind expressway will also rope in another reward of tourism for the State. Agra and Lucknow itself offer a range of tourist attractions and the expressway will bring in more footfall to the nearby locations like Etawah’s Lion Safari and bird sanctuary. Well-built roads are a sign of prosperity. Its grand opening raptured the audience with 8 fighter jets of the Indian Air Force (IAF) touching down on stretch of the expressway on 22nd November, 2016.
Social Samajwadi would like to acknowledge the pool of opportunities which the Agra-Lucknow Expressway is ready to serve.