On the occasion of his birthday, Social Samajwadi would like to take the opportunity to highlight some lesser known facts about our Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. Apart from being a progressive political figure, his humane persona has left everyone speechless.
1. First born to Mulayam Singh and Malti Devi, Akhilesh Yadav was born in Etawah on 1st July 1953. He got married to Dimple Yadav who is countries first and only uncontested MP.
2. Akhilesh Yadav began his education at Rajasthan’s Sainik School followed by a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and Masters Degree in Civil Environment Engineering from University of Mysore. He further went on to attain his Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering from University of Sydney.
3. Akhilesh Yadav’s profession is officially listed as Agriculturist, Engineer, Political and Social Worker.
4. Akhilesh entered politics at the age of 27 and won first election from Kannauj in 2000. For his election campaign, he held 800 rallies across 10,000 kms.
5. Akhilesh Yadav was the youngest CM of Uttar Pradesh when he came into power at an age of 38.
6. One of his pilot projects, the Lucknow Metro, is India’s fastest developing metro line.
7. Lucknow Agra Expressway, Akhilesh Yadav’s dream project is the biggest green expressway in the country.
8. Between 2012-2015, the CM had provided financial aid for more than Rs. 300 crore. This is thrice of the monetary help given by the previous government.
9. UPCM has made a world record by planting 10 lakh saplings in 24 hours. He is planning to break it by planting another 6 crore trees, very soon. This has earned him the title of ‘Green CM’.
10. Akhilesh Yadav has almost made governance paperless. Most of the departments have a live website with active admins. He is known as the Digital CM for his e-governance and cutting edge mobile apps for both rural and urban population.
With such new, innovative, and young ideologies Akhilesh Yadav has touched many hearts. We wish him to continue doing the same for years to come.