Farmers have been the focal point of Uttar Pradesh government ever since Akhilesh Yadav swore in as the Chief Minister. He has ensured their well being multiple times and yet again, he introduced ‘Samajwadi Bima Care Card’ in 2016. According to this scheme, almost 3 crore farmers of Uttar Pradesh will be benefitted. This card will be given to every farmer who earns less than Rs. 75,000 per year.
The most thoughtful thing about this scheme is that the premium for all the farmers will be paid by the government and the insurance company will pay for accidental covers premium. Apart from the head of the family, 4 other members will be covered under this scheme.
Here are some of the features of the Samajwadi Bima Care Card, initiated by Akhilesh Yadav:
· Each card will hold personal information about the person, which will include their bio data, blood group and bank account number.
· The family will be given Rs. 5 Lakh, if the head of the family suffers a natural death.
· The entire family, covered in the scheme, will be liable to medical attention in case of an accident.
· In case if an emergency, the members will be treated in a hospital within 5 km immediately.
· The insurance company will pay Rs. 25,000 for the treatment of each farmer.
· If needed, the person will be referred to a trauma centre where they can avail treatment up to Rs. 2.25 lakh.
· The card will be connected to internet banking and 150 helpline numbers.
Thank you, Akhilesh Sir for the Care Card.