Akhilesh Yadav, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh has worked tirelessly for the makeover of the state. On 20th December, he will take yet another step in the same direction when he lays the foundation stone of Lucknow’s largest mall – ‘Shaan-E-Awadh’. It will be situated in Sector-7. Gomti Nagar Extension. Let us see a few highlights of the upcoming mega mall.
- ‘Shaan-E-Awadh’ will be developed over an area of 79.000 square meter.
- The estimated cost for now has been fixed at Rs. 491 crore.
- It will house big retail outlets as well as leisure activities along with street shopping.
- The mall will have 3 floors with almost 250 retail and anchor shops. The third floor will offer facilities like a three-screen multiplex, gym, restaurants, spa, food court, gaming zone, kids play area and a lounge.
- Shaan-E-Awadh will be situated near the upcoming stadium and CG City projects of Akhilesh Government.
“Apart from large retail stores within the mall which will bring in world’s biggest brands to Lucknow, we have also planned to allocate spaces to vendors on the street surrounding the mall to sell Lucknow’s famous art pieces, handicrafts, chikan and zardozi clothes, glasswork, etc. This would be a great attraction for the tourists who come to the city in search of local art and culture,” LDA officials said.
There would be a total of 10 lanes for the street vendors to showcase their products. Official in-charge of the project said, “We have dedicated lanes for utensil, clothes, jewellery shopping like in Old City and also streets for local cuisines, we will arrange vendors accordingly around the mall.”
Out of the total area, around 54,000 square metre will be saleable area for retails shops while the remaining would be used for landscaping, making atrium and other open spaces within the mall. A huge basement parking will also be provided beneath the mall to accommodate about 700 cars. The project is slated to be completed by May 2018.
Such a project will not only attract tourists for the state, but will put Uttar Pradesh on the global map along with providing lakhs of employment opportunities for the people. Social Samajwadi is proud to be a part of the Akhilesh era!